7 Things to do in DFW this April
Spring is a time of renewal and growth, which can inspire feelings of optimism and positivity. There are many reasons to celebrate this month and new spring, such as: The weather starts to warm up, making it more enjoyable to spend time outdoors. Flowers and trees begin to bloom, adding color and beauty to the environment. Longer daylight hours provide more time for outdoor activities and socializing. With so much to do I encourage you to get out and enjoy life this April and expose yourself to new experiences and learning opportunities. For anyone in need of some inspiration for things to do by yourself or with your family in the month of April, I got you! Check out my list with links and let me know what you think you would enjoy and feel free to share your April activities.
1. Read a book of poems by some of our greats, attend a poetry reading or show off your creativity and write a poem and present it at an open mic event to celebrate National Poetry Month. Check out Eventbrite for poetry events in Dallas.
2. Participant in Earth Day on April 22nd by planting a tree, recycling, or gardening.
3. Visit the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C. or of you can’t make the festival visit the Cherry Blossoms at The Dallas Arboretum.
4. Take time and volunteer during National Volunteer Week, April 16th – 22nd .
5. Visit a National Park during National Park Week.
6. And for those of us still haven’t wrapped up our taxes …Tax Day, April 18th (for some, this may not be a celebratory occasion, but it marks the end of tax season!)
7. Take time out and remember the meaning of Easter, April 16th in 2023.
And as always take time off to rest and recharge, and don't feel guilty for doing so 😊.